1. Bridget Jones' DiaryThis probably wasn't the first thing that came to mind, but in one of the more memorable scenes of this beloved romantic comedy, we find Colin Firth's character Mark Darcy wearing possibly one of the worst Reindeer sweaters in the world. With rather dull and lifeless eyes, Rudolph's head takes up most of the sweater, leaving nothing but a plain and uninspiring black background to stare at. Needless to say, this is a pretty bad way to start off the list, but just you wait – it gets worse!
2. The Santa ClauseTim Allen's hilarious holiday comedy has become quite the beloved classic over the past decade, and there are plenty of horrible sweaters on display in this movie. However, few are as sickeningly cheerful as this one worn by Scott Calvin when he discovers his true identity. With two malformed reindeer on either side and random lines of white here and there, this ugly Christmas sweater looks more like a Rorschach test than an item of clothing.
3. Christmas With the KranksJamie Lee Curtis had to wear a few ugly pieces of clothing for the movie, but this appalling number was probably the worst of them all. What is supposed to be mistletoe and holly turns out to be anything but jolly. For crying out loud, the pattern doesn't even carry over from one side to the other! Combined with the cheery snowflake and stockings turtleneck she wears underneath, this atrocity of clothing design is definitely one of the worst in any movie ever made.
4. Deck the HallsAnd you were starting to think it couldn't get any worse, weren't you? Well, get a load of these horrible Christmas sweaters! Matthew Broderick plays Steve Finch in this film, a man who is adamant about family traditions. Here we see his family wearing some of the most God awful clothing of all time, a design that literally just has a stuffed Reindeer head sewn on to a red sweater. Does it get more uninspired than this? Well, you might want to hold your breath for the last one on the list.
5. How the Grinch Stole ChristmasLast but not least, how could we forget the sweater worn by The Grinch on his special day? Just one look at this garish nightmare will make any bad gift you've ever gotten look fantastic by comparison. With bells sewn into the arms and an ugly tree that says “I HEART XMAS,” there's no disputing the unbridled hideousness of this ugliest of Christmas sweaters!
If you're one of the many people who have fallen in love with this hilariously bad holiday clothing, check out all of the ugly Christmas sweaters on our site! You're sure to find at least one that you'll fall in love with. If not, you'll at least find something funny and repulsive to give to family and friends as a great holiday gift. Spread some cheerful awkwardness with these hilarious and hideous holiday clothes.