Believe it or not, Christmas is just around the corner. It seems like yesterday that frantic customers filled shopping malls, searching for the perfect gift for their loved ones and soon it will be done all over again. Christmas 2015 falls on a Thursday and already, retailers are gearing up for the big sales. For some it’s the shopping that makes Christmas a wonderful time; for others, it’s family gatherings or the
joyous decorations. Whether young or old, not many people can resist the countdown to the big day. Here is one creative way you can countdown to Christmas Day this year.
Christmas Countdown WheelFor this project you will need:
- Corkboard coaster
- 25 Wooden clothespins
- Christmas themed scrapbook paper
- 1.5 inch diameter lid
- Construction paper
- Glue gun.
- 12 inches of ribbon
- Using the lid as a template, trace 25 circles on construction paper and cut each circle out
- Number them from 1 to 25.
- Glue each one of the circles to a clothespin (use the side that doesn't clip).
- Then take your corkboard coaster and put it on top of the scrapbook paper. Trace a circle and cut it out.
- Glue the cutout on to the top of the coaster.
- Next glue the ends of the ribbon together to create a loop.
- Adhere the loop onto the backside of the coaster.
- Then take the clothespins and clip them around the coaster in numerical order.
- Beginning December 1st, remove one clip each day until Christmas.
Tags: Christmas Countown