Ugly Christmas sweater parties are a great way to celebrate the season with your friends, family and co-workers. They are great fun and everyone always has a memorable time. If you are thinking about hosting one then you will have a great time planning it too.
Here are a few tips for hosting one:
- Plan your budget and try really hard to stay within it
- Have some festive seasonal snacks and food, punch, etc.
- Decide if there will be games and if so, what kind? There is a great one called the Christmas tree relay race. This is where you break the guests up into teams and they choose one of their team members to be the ‘’tree’’. They then get supplies such as a roll of green crepe paper, a novelty Christmas headband with a tree, reindeer, a star, whatever on it for the tree topper and whatever else that you want them to decorate their “tree” with. When you say go, they have a certain amount of time to decorate their ”tree”. This could be like 60 seconds. Whoever has the most complete and best looking tree at the end of the allotted time wins.
- Hold an ugly Christmas sweater contest with a prize of some sort being given for the ugliest one.
- Plan for your guests to have activities to do throughout the night interspersed with some time just to mingle.
- It’s a party…the best thing that you can plan for is to plan for it to be fun for all of your guests.